02 April 2011

Big move

Finally, after seven months, the flatmate moved out of the apartment. Maybe I should have asked her to move earlier, just be hard on her and not care if she has a place to stay or the money to pay for a place to stay. But I guess, like someone said, I'm too soft, too nice. Plus I was away for a while, so I just let my friend stay around. Two weeks turned into two months, turned into seven months...

A month or so ago I gave her notice and now I can hardly believe she finally moved out. It's not a completely clean move, as in there are still many things she left behind, and and pick things up over the next few days.

I had originally planned to start cleaning her room, as since she moved in, it's been cluttered with her belongings that there is barely any space to walk on. Even now, with half of her belongings gone, the place looks like a refugee camp that's been plundered not once but three times over. She'll be back to pick up the rest of her things, she said, but I wonder how long still till my cat and I get full 'visitation' and usage rights of the room that for the last seven months was effectively severed from the rest of the house ( she had habit of keeping the door closed to prevent the cat from getting in... And perhaps to prevent the mess from being seen or getting out...)

I came home tonight after a night out with two friends. I entered my apartment, and for the first time in such a long long time , I felt so free to do as I wished and to walk around the place without having to think that there is someone there. For the first time in such a long time, I don't have to smile and make conversation or appear interested in small talk Nd exchange pleasantries. Maybe it's me, the way I'm, but after this experience of living with someone, I would think long and hard before living with another person.

I enjoy living alone, and the peace and quiet and freedom. That fonts with it.

No comments: