04 April 2011

At home

The living room, washroom and kitchen looks clean and organised. I even took off the window nets to give them a good scrub and remove all the dust and cobwebs that have collected over the winter. Except for my room and the room where my flatmate used to live in, my house looks descent and comfortable to live in. I'll get to those rooms once she actually moves all her stuff out for good.

My friends came over two days in a row in the evenings, and we ate, drank and laughed the nights away in one another's merry company. For many moments I felt so blessed to be surrounded by such good friends, to be living in a community of friends who get along, and who can just pop over to one another's houses at any moment's notice. I felt so free, so uninhibited, now that the flatmate has moved away, and I think everyone else finds the the joy and liberation in the absence of the invisible yet somewhat indescribable discomfort of my ex-flatmate's presence.

This is what I came back to Canada... For this sense of belonging, sense of comfort and warmth in my own home, where I feel at ease and at home. It is in such an environment that I can focus on my own life and studies, and reassure my mum that there is little she has to worry about, for I have great friends, a sweet cat and a loving and caring boyfriend, from all of whom I receive the invaluable gift of laughter to brighten up my days.

No comments: