14 November 2010

Wedding bells

I've been wondering about it, especially in light of a number of ambiguous facebook status updates on my brother's profile. And it seems that it's true. He might be getting married soon.

It's been over five months since I received news from him (and I've not contacted him directly, except to "like" his facebook updates or posts...) Last thing that I know for a fact is that his girlfriend had gone to stay with him for a few months. And that may soon become a permanent arrangement.

I'm happy for him. Everyone deserves to find happiness, to find the one they want to settle down with. And from what my mum told me, he's been sounding happier than she can remember, all because of the girl. And apparently, my brother's even asked my mum for advice on how to propose properly, asking how dad did it all those years ago.

Mum on the other hand has been in touch with the family of the girl, paying visits to the mum-in-law(-to-be). And mum is pretty happy with the girl's family, who are not demanding at all (unlike some families, who ask for things to be done according to tradition and proper rituals, which can be exhausting and expensive). I can hear mum's excitement, and sense that she is looking forward to the lunar new year, when all of us will get together.

No comments: