15 November 2010

Booked

I finally decided when to go home, and just booked my ticket. It's taken me a week or so to finally make up my mind, and somehow it feels like such a 'big' thing. I guess it's 'big', or feels 'big', because I don't know what will happen or how long I'll be away. The departure date is more or less certain. As for the return, I randomly booked a date three months later. I'm not sure if I'll stay that long, or maybe longer... I'm really not sure of anything. At least  the ticket is valid for a year, with the possibility to change the date unlimited times without a penalty.

Though, I did get a message from a friend who also thought it was a good idea that I go back to spend some time with mum. And deep down inside, I know it is what I want to do. I know it is the right thing to do Thesis, my pending applications for this or that, starting my career hunt... they can all wait.  I've dragged my feet and procrastinated, so they don't really matter that much. At least not in the grand(er) scheme of things. And as for my cat, who's lying on my bed, napping peacefully... I do feel sorry that I have to leave and abandon her again for who knows how long. As for people who might point and think "There he goes, travelling again..." Well, they can think what they like. I have my priorities. I have my own life, and I can make peace with my choices.

Countdown to departure has begun...

No comments: