04 August 2010

Wash away

I stood on the shore, and watched the water wash, wash, wash against the rocks. The rocks stood their ground and would not budge. I wished the water would wash away the myriad of thoughts and voices that were rushing through my mind... wash away the petty feelings, the discontents, disappoints and leave my mind clear.

One of those days when I am awash with thoughts, when I just want to be left alone (ironically) to be with my thoughts. I deeper I dig, the more disconnect and distance I feel towards people around me. And I cannot express what it is that I am feeling, what it is that leaves me sometimes frustrated towards others, and most of all toward myself. Could this be the result of lacking meaning, lacking purpose in my life? Could this be the effect of longing, longing for something (or someone) but then growing every bit more bitter with each passing day? What is it that I want? What is it that I need?

The river answered with the constant murmur of its flow. The water all around me replied with the soothing sounds of splashes and ripples.

A steady breeze blew, blew, blew against my face as I looked into the distance. When I arrived, the sky was splashed red with the last rays of dusk. But now it was almost pitch dark, and I was left alone, standing there by the shore, watching the river, and feeling the breeze against my face. I wished it would blow away the anxieties, the dreams, tensions and repeating memories that were making me dizzy and tired. I wished the wind would blow me away, or that the river would suddenly sweep me off my feet, and take me away...

No comments: