07 August 2010

Stilettos

I don't know what I was doing in that store, surrounded by all these colourful stilettos with 10cm heels. I've never even owned one, nor do I ever intend to own one. Yet, something about them attracted me into the store.

And so I waited and waited until I was served. People kept pouring into the store, grabbed whatever they like, men and women, and paid for it. When it was my turn, I put on a pair of blue ones, and walked around. It was not as difficult as it seemed, and I seemed to become so much taller. The world looks different from a different height.

"How much?" I asked.

"I'll make you a deal since you waited so long. 850."

For a pair so shoes?! I was shocked, but embarrassed to say I don't want them anymore, embarrassed to seem cheap, or seem like someone who just looks but does not buy. But I definitely could not afford that price for just a pair of shoes.... even with 10cm heels.

So I lied. I made up a story, uncomfortably, about how I'm waiting for a cheque to clear, and after that I'll have the money to buy it. When the shoplady asked for my contacts, I made up a name and a number, and an address right there on the spot. I was nervous, afraid people would seem through my trickery and deceit..... so scared....

....I don't know why I had that dream, or what it all meant. Maybe because I was joking with someone the other day, after seeing a three hour drag show, that I'd dress in a wig. He joked back saying he'd come in stilettos.

But why did it all manifest into the dream?

No comments: