03 August 2010

Origins of discontent

I'm not even sure if "discontent" is the word for it, for what I'm feeling. I'm not extremely happy or extremely sad... just feeling something that I can't put words to, and the closest I can think of is "discontent", or to be optimistic, "content".

I'm not sure where this feeling comes from... things in life are generally going well. I've been settled in the comforts of my own home for just over a whole month now, which given my travel records of the past year, is an amazing feat. My work is going relatively well, or at least progressing, since I've been disciplined enough to get myself to the library everyday. Mum's health condition is relatively stable at the moment. And I'm meeting new people too to see if there are any potentials out there...

But could it be that in comfort there is discomfort? Am I someone who actually prefers to live in uncertain and confusion, and gets apprehensive when things are settled and stable?

Maybe, as friends have told me before, people always need something to look forward to. Something to work towards, something that will in the short term give you some kind of gratification, result or reward. And it's true, at the moment there really isn't anything for me to look forward to because everything is relatively calm and comfortable...

No comments: