15 August 2010

Loneliness

"Learn to be lonely", she said, after telling me how I'm spending my days nowadays. I said just doing my work, cycling, pretty much more or less the same things everyday.

I don't know why or what prompted mum to ask me whether I felt lonely. But I do feel that. "Are you still in touch with your friends there?" Sometimes. Then again, there is so much friends can do with you, and at the end of the day, you come home, to an empty home (except for my cat, who wanders around the house at my feet...)

"We're all lonely..." she said, " Three people spread out in three different places" Alluding to the fact that my whole family has been separated for as long as I can remember now.

And somehow, more and more, I feel like having a family, having people around you are connected with on a wholly different level than just friends.

No comments: