14 August 2010

Disconnect...

I feel such a disconnect, such a distance with people I meet. I'm not sure where it comes from. Maybe it's from moving around all my life, from living in different places, speaking different languages, exposed and growing up in different cultures... most 'normal' people have a stable life, family in the background, friends they have known and grown up with... an invisible security web of support they can fall back on, or just a home they can go back to.

Whereas I... I am left feeling singled out, and lost, direction-less and unsure what it is that I want or where it is I am heading.
People I've met seem so content and stable in their lives that I feel embarassed to 'disturb' them, to pull them from their sheltered and secure lives and background and 'trouble' them with my stories of being uprooted and not belonging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way...what a bummer!