12 August 2010

Laws...

I saw them... words, articles, rules, provisions, numbers, subsections, entire paragraphs filled with confusing terms and concepts that need to be interpreted in their original meaning, in the context surrounding its drafting, in the light of State practice and opinio juris...

Woke up feeling exhausted, even though I slept for the eight hours I try to sleep every night. Exhausted, because my brain seems to have been thinking, flowing, jumping back and forth between random articles and rules on the laws of war. Something I had been intensely working on just before bed. So intense it was already late when I realised how long I had been working for...

In a way, it may be my subconscious mind trying to tell me that I'm "going" somewhere in my work, that I may be making progress on my thesis. But it also fills my head full with thoughts and musings, even when I'm "asleep"...

No comments: