25 June 2010

Travels

Brussel, Koblenz, Frankfurt/Main...

In the last three days, I've wandered around three cities. All very different places, with different vibes and atmospheres, and all three important in their own ways. Originally I wanted to go to Berlin, to take my mum there and fulfill one of dad's wishes while he was alive to one day visit this unique Germany city of two divided stories. Alas, we cancelled the trip at the last minute because mum was not feeling well suddenly. Perhaps too much traveling, too long away from her own comfortable home, and also her health supplements and medicines are running low.

Now back "home" in the Netherlands... but really wishing I was somewhere else, on the road, free from the inhibitions of living in someone else's house. After I 'lectured' my brother the other day, there was a slight improvement. The very next evening (while I was away in Brussel), my brother actually proposed to go walk around the local forest with mum, and they seemed to have a good chat... But coming back home today, it's more or less back to the same old habit of sitting glued to his computer, barely looking up to talk to us.

I can try to understand if someone is so love-struck and wants to spend every moment of the day bonding with the other person. But I cannot understand why brother keeps on saying he's so busy, but can spend so much time chatting. Worse is, before mum and I left the other day, she left my brother note and asked him to make an appointment for her next medical check-up. Not done, and mum was of course disappointed. Too busy, he said, and plus he only saw the note this afternoon. But it was close to ten in the evening when we returned, and the appointment was still not made... In the end, I made the appointment online, something that takes 2minutes...


Three more days till going home... my own home.

No comments: