21 June 2010

Disappointments...

Mum sat at the dining table, and wiped her tears. So disappointed was she. I looked at her, sitting there, a grown up, my own mother, crying. And it pains me a lot... I felt my own tears swell, but held them back.

Perhaps she had too many hopes? Hoping that coming to stay here she could rest and recuperate... hoping that she could spend some more precious time with the children, because it might very well be the last... But sometimes it's best not to hope, lest one wants to be disappointed.

Disappointed, she is, most of all at brother's attitude toward her, toward us, while we are. She's done so much, given him so much, but he gives her the cold shoulder. He's grumpy and rude when he talks to her (and me, but that's not new and not so important...). I'm not sure what we ever did to wrong him so... perhaps it's our mere presence, the mere fact that we are staying in his new home and making the floors and walls so dirty by just walking around that disgusts him so...

Worst of all, he spends most of his free time in front of the computer chatting with his girlfriend, while ignoring mum who had come all the way here to spend time together. I don't understand how he can be so smiley and laughing so much in front of the webcam, but off the cam when he sees us, his face is so sulky and so angry...

So this morning I changed mum's ticket, pre-poned it to three days from today, instead of next week. She felt relieved to be able to leave early, but also sad... how has it come to this, she asked. What has she done to deserve this? That's when she cried and wiped her eyes... a mother's sorrow at an ungrateful son...

Since mum is leaving early, I'm also tried to change my ticket... but it'll cost over 1000Euros!
I'm still weighing the options and wondering what to do. Maybe I'll just go wander around Europe for a few days and come back in time to pick up my suitcase next week... or maybe I'll have to waste money by buying another ticket.

Whatever the option, I know I don't and won't stay here in my brother's house...

No comments: