29 April 2010

Something different in her voice

Speaking to mum the last two days, there's something different in her voice. I'm not sure whether it's because I caught her at an inconvenient moment, but it always sounds as if she's distracted or a bit absent.

Two days ago I spoke to her, she sounded down because brother had mentioned that he might go back to see her this week, and then told her that he decided against it (whereas in fact he only told her that so it would be a surprise when he does show up at the door...) Mum's voice was sad, her response slow and hesitant sounding.

Just now I spoke to her, and she said she had been worried sick because she didn't hear from me since yesterday. Apparently she confused the date of my arrival, and she thought I was supposed to arrive yesterday. But with the time difference, it's actually today. So she was imaging that something was wrong.

Maybe I'm making something out of nothing, and that it's just a simple case of misunderstanding or maybe she's just tired.... But it makes me worry how her health really is now...

No comments: