05 December 2008

Sleeplessness

Why can't I sleep? It's been going on for a number of weeks already, and it's very annoying.
I can't sleep when it's time to sleep. I lie down in bed, and these thoughts, memories, ideas, flashbacks run inside my head, constantly proliferating and multiplying, from one idea to another thought, from one memory to another flashback. Images, sounds, people, faces, places. All playing like an endless roll of film. All the while, I feel frustrated and defeated, especially as the time ticks on and on, and the morning draws close....

It's terrible not being able to sleep when you want to, when you're supposed to, and then to have to fall asleep when day comes, and sleep all the way late into the afternoon. The day is turned upside down, the night inside out, and I feel myself growing more and more frustrated and down everyday....

Because I can;t sleep...!

No comments: