19 June 2007

Work, work, work!

I really should be working, but I feel restless and wanting to go out all the time.

I remember telling myself on the train journey back home that I'd had enough relaxation and fun for two weeks, and that it was time to get back to work. I did get back to work, but 'work work', which I officially started last week, and not any school work! So one day came, and went, and another, came and went, and another. Already one week after I returned, and I've not done anything at all on my thesis. The last save date of my writings on my computer was exactly one month ago!

Feeling somehow very little motivation to work on the thesis, even though I know I must get a move on. Instead, I've just been distracting myself and telling myself there's always tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow. Frustrating.

I go to the office every single day, and I'd rather be doing my office work than my school work... So I've been busy doing the kind of things that interns do, and most of all building this great new website for my office. It's pretty exciting stuff, and I could just spend hours fidgeting this and that to perfect the site, or do other errands that they ask me to do. I guess my colleagues are impressed with me, and the way I work so efficiently and quickly... but oh how I wish I could put the same amount of effort into thesis writing!

And after an eight-hour day at work, you just want to unwind and not think of anything else. I thought to myself I could still get myself to read and write stuff for my thesis, but when I get home I'm just so tired, that I want to sleep.

Funny though, because when I see the sunset outside my window, all that tiredness goes away, and all I want to do is cycle to the beach and walk around for hours and hours. Hours I could have spent writing and working on my thesis! But instead, I spend them, watching the waves, admiring the clouds, and bidding farewell to the shy setting sun...

No comments: