24 July 2006

Please, NOOO........!

I shuddered and felt so sick when I heard the news on the radio.

A girl who, is now 7 years old, was regularly "raped and forced to [engage in] active sex" by her mother, grandpa and brother. It began when she was just four years old, and lasted around a year. Fortunately she has now been taken up by social workers. The brother was also just a kid when it happened. The public prosecutor has started a case against the perpetrators.

Disgusting!
WHY DO THESE KIND OF THINGS HAPPEN?!?!?! Do people have no decency?? Do they not think about how much damage these kinds of traumatic (s)experiences can do to a child?? It's pure evil at it's worst. Dispicable! These people should be put in jail and left to rot for the rest of their 'unnatural' lives!!!

It's heart-wrenching to imagine what the girl must have gone through. And at such a young age too. Childhood is supposed to be a time of play, of innocence, of warmth and love. But she, and so many others, had to undergo so much pain, so much humiliation, trauma and abuse at such a young age... I could cry and cry thinking about it...

I'm trembling still, and feeling it more and more to breathe ....Anger, frustration, pain, fear--a whole host of emotions, powerful and strong, are going through me now....
To be honest, these kind of reports awaken hidden memories that I long thought had been banished from my mind. But it's moments and events like this that remind me time and again that I too was a victim. And believe you me when I say that it hurts....it really does. And how scary it is to feel this way..... Nobody can imagine....

I can't write anymore.....

No comments: