27 May 2006

Away at home

Came home from shopping, and as soon as I closed the door I heard shouting.
Again, he's at it again...scolding and blaming, showing who's the boss, showing who is right and who is wrong. I put away the things I bought into the fridge, but didn't dare go upstairs.

I thought of going out again, just get away from this all. Really too much sometimes. But it started to pour with rain, so I guess I'll just stay in for now.

It was funny...Kitty, the cat, quickly ran downstairs and stayed by my side...
Even she knew not to be involved.

Rant warning: B-WARE!

How long can this last? Really sometimes the whole atmosphere is so hostile and unnatural, and I feel like I'm living in someone else's place, instead of my own. Sure I have my own room, and I spend most of the time in my room too, but then you have to go into the 'common areas' at some point too. Kitchen, always a mess because no one seems to bother tidying up after eating. Living room, has practically become his room because his computer is there and he chain smokes there too.

The other day we had a discussion about the housing situation. (It's complicated, but to do with my parents wanting to switch mortgages and perhaps also thinking about putting the house under my brother's and my names). My brother was saying 'yeah, I'm the one paying for the mortgage and all, but when you start working then you should pay too'. Sure, fair is fair.
But I told him straight out:

"I don't want to live here for the rest of my life. This is practically your house, despite the fact that in name it may be 'our' house. I don't want to be in your way, and I want to live my own life. How long do you think I'm going to be around here??"

I think that got him thinking...

No comments: