01 April 2016

Leaving Taipei

The HSR just departed Taipei. I felt a sudden sadness overcome me. I know it shouldn't matter, but I cannot but feel like I'm leaving a part of me behind... The city carries the memories of my youth, my childhood... I was remembering the other day how for so many summers I would stay with dad at his apartment in Jinshan North Road, the one above the bank, on the fourth floor, room 413. We would fall asleep listening to the radio, he would go to work and I'd explore the city by myself.
Gone, gone those days are long gone but they remain in my memories.

Yesterday afternoon, I had some goose at a traditional Taiwanese eatery near where mum lived. I walked around there by myself a bit, around the department store Takashimaya where she used to go almost daily. I went back to the hotel, rested a bit before going to Dalong Dong to visit the temple famed for answering prayers for love and a stable relationship. Later I met a friend who studied with me, and after that had a walk around the night market with my cousin. Woke up early to go to the Bao An Temple to pray for good health and well-being. I stood there and remembered how I used to go there and pray for mums well-being.... I feel much lighter now. No more illness, no more cancer, no more , no more.

Even so, I feel still somewhat pensive and reflective as the train is pulling out of the tunnel and into daily southward toward Chiayi...

No comments: