30 March 2016

Arrived in Taipei

Arrived in Taipei

I checked into my hotel room, pretty nice little room next to Shinlin metro, steps from the market where mum and I would occasionally go visit together (one of my aunties favourites...). So many memories here, so many.... As I stepped off the train, as I walked toward the mrt and found myself in the midst of all this people, I realised how very lonely I am, how very alone I am in this city. The city I grew up in, the city I lived in and came back to so many times over the years...

Zhong San north road... It connected the main road where mum last lived... To the south is the headquaters of the bank dad used to work... To the north and turn left at Tianmu Square and go a little further and you come to the hospital where mum and dad both left this world. This is Taipei, my hometown, the town I've grown to love and cherish, where I've shed tears and felt such fondness and love for the people in my life...

It is all different now. I feel like a stranger coming to a foreign city that has much changed.

Moments like this , I realise again how much I miss my parents. Tomorrow I will go see them.

No comments: