26 July 2015

Dream... death of my cat

I went out and came home late last night (upset, as the friend I was supposed to share a taxi with ditched me and went home with another after I'd been waiting for him for over an hour...), so I decided to take an afternoon nap.

Just as I was getting into bed, my two cats for some reason started to fight fiercely on the arm chair. It was horrible! I've never seen them like that before, biting, scratching, screaming, refusing to let go of one another. I shouted at them, and ran toward them to break them up, chasing after each cat and hit them on their backs so they know it's wrong. But they continued to chase after one another and bite one another. I had to pull them apart and separate them... what a fierce fight, like nothing I have ever seen.

I napped and dreamt... I saw the two cats wounded and hurt, there were big bloody bruises on both cats, and their fur was matted with dried blood. They looked sorry, and were whimpering. I picked up my female cat, the little one I've had for over six years now, and she lay like a baby in my arms. She closed her eyes, and stopped moving...

I was so distraught and couldn't stop crying. I howled and frantically, in the dream, tried to shake her to 'shake' her awake. But she died there and then in my arms.

I woke up, and felt such pain of loss and pain of losing someone so dear I have not felt since losing mum. I had tears in the corners of my eyes. I couldn't bear it and felt suffocated...

What intense dream...

No comments: