11 October 2013

Pants

You don't realise what you had till its gone.

I was cleaning, finally after so many weeks, and as I got my pile of clothes something fell on the floor 

Pair of pants belonging to my beloved teddy bear...
He left the house that day with only his top, not his pants. It's so strange, and so sad to see just the clothing and not the person (or in this case, bear...)

It's really like the person left and all that is left behind are the items clothing and memories and places we have been together, pictures that have been taken. 

And last night I remembered I made an item of clothing for the bear once, a special item of clothing that I would only put on him when a day comes. It's a red hoodie, with on the front a bear paw and "CANADA" (the paw replaces the maple leaf...) . It's a  hoodie that my bear's bestest pal (and I believe soul mate and life lover...) also has. I had these two tailor made, one for my bear, one for my ex's bear. The other bear got his, on the day he officially became Canadian. My bear is still waiting to become Canadian. And most likely he never will get the chance to wear what I made him...

I just hope he is alright, that he is warm and safe and that someone is taking care of him and loving him. Maybe I didn't care about him enough, so he is no longer  with me... Maybe I didn't pet or hug him enough, despite the fact he went with me everywhere and sat by my pillow almost everyday... 

I hope he is loved now, and well. I hope he doesn't have cold paws.



No comments: