06 October 2013

Home alone

Home after s frantic search around this morning's running course at the olympic park.

I come into my bedroom and there I notice the emptiness. The loss is compounded. The memories multiply.

The bear who meant everything to me, who was the embodiment of my mother. He was there when she passed. He was held by her. He was there the day mum bought it for me and told me to take care of him because he would keep me company even after mum is no longer around. He was there and keeping me safe from harm in India, on the long bike ride to conquer cancer and in my many adventures since mum left...

But he is no more.
There is only this silence. This deadly and dark silence and emptiness. I have lost it all. I have lost mum,s teddy bear.

It is horrendously devastating to my mind and to my psyche.

I am so sorry mum... I am so sorry.

No comments: