08 March 2013

Gathering

080313.2340

Am I insane? Am I perpetually dissatisfied with life and what it has to offer me?

As a friend of mine sat there and narrated the misfortunes he went through missing a flight, losing his phone (temporarily), losing his key and being generally very scatter headed, I zoned out...

Other friends sat around and listened and for however long the narration of all these misfortunes appeared to be the greatest and most important thing in the world...

I zoned out. Why is that any important? Have they seen illness? Have they experienced death close up? If they have, all these things would appear so insignificant.

I quietly left the room to be by myself for a while. I've not some of these friends for ages, for ages, and no one asked me how I am doing. Everyone seems to take the smile on my face and the generally youthful and seemingly happy complexion on my face as a given reflection of how I'm feeling.

Little do they know at night I cry at times... Little do they know at night I get so scared and so lonely...

And little do they ask.

No comments: