07 December 2012

I've been feeling unwell for almost an entire day. The feeling was not made better sitting in a car that shook and swirled badly due to attempts to avoid massive craters on the roads (at places calling them such would be an overstatement...). The stuffy heat during the day and dry, dusty air has also made me cough and generally very uncomfortable.

I was lucky to be out of the car, having traveled over five hours in one to cover a total distance of a little over two hundred kilometers.  Dinner, though at a restaurant that came highly recommended, was good, but it was yet another heavy masala-type dish. Walking back to the hotel did not really ease the discomforts.

While showering, I coughed, and then it started. Vomit poured out of my mouth and I kept on regurgitating my dinner for around a minute. Cows are blessed four stomachs for digestion so they can regurgitate food and chew it again later on, but we human beings only one.

I felt a little better. After seven days in India, after not having fallen sick, I believe I now know I am not, but have just been lucky.

No comments: