03 December 2012

At Mahabodhi

Here I am, right here, right now, at the very place where the Buddha himself achieved enlightenment some 2500 years ago.

I cannot hold back the tears or emotions. I have mum and dad's pictures in my hand, and two teddies bears in my backpack. So many pilgrims and monks surround me. It is crowded yet still serene. I'm sitting on floor at the base if the main temple of Mahabodhi...

Mum, dad... I am here... I am alive, I am well. I am pursuing a dream, I am fulfilling a promise I made to mum. Here I am, alone, but not feeling lonely, tearing yet there is a sense of calm and closure.

Mum, dad... I hope you are both well...
People call me an orphan now, but I will be strong, I will be strong and love myself, even if I am by myself now. I will try to be kind and compassionate, I will try to harbour less impure thoughts and hatred and anger... I will try to do more good and see goodness in everyone, in everything.

I will leave a picture of you two here, let you listen to the chanting and prayers, let you experience the spirituality and strong positive energy flowing in this beautiful temple complex and garden...

And I will walk away. Let go and walk away.

No comments: