01 August 2012

Nanshi

I began to feel pain in the knees about yesterday afternoon, and the left was more severe than the right. It's strange, for normally it's my right knee that aches when I bike. And last night, when I went to bed, I felt pain when I straightened my left leg.

I slept for over seven hours straight and was waken up by a call. It was my uncle, who had so kindly arranged for me to stay at a very luxurious hotel, which gave the the opportunity to have a nice soak and such long sleep (though, the sleep was disturbed by disturbing dreams...)

After biking for around twenty kilometers or so this morning I saw a bike shop and went in to get a knee strap. I only have, and didn't know I would need two for both my legs. The nice guy at the bike shop and I chatted a bit. It's hard to hide, especially with my bike and luggage carriers and flag of the shape of Taiwan, that I'm on a long bike trip. The guy recommended not only I get straps, but also get some glucosamine for my joints.

So i went to the pharmacy, and the kind lady there showed me some products. She suggested I stop biking altogether, to prevent further staining u knee, for the pain is already a warning that I need to take more care... She gave me some painkillers and also additional sachets of glucosamine for free. "I'd give you an applause for your efforts but your knee is injured...!" she joked as she sent me on my way.

After a break at a convenient store just after leaving Miaoli. When I tried to walk and take the bike up a steep hill, my left knee felt so very sore. Unbearably sore... More so when I straighten my leg entirely. I walked on a bit more, and got on the bike to peddle for a bit, but the pain did not go away...

Then I are a sign pointing to a station. Curiously I went to the empty platform and coincidentally saw the bright headlight of a train coming my way. It was a train I needed. So I hopped aboard.

The pain truly is unbearable, and I really need to quit while I'm ahead to avoid a terrible I injury. Quit, at least for now...


No comments: