22 March 2011

misunderstanding?

I left after dinner. Perhaps I should have stayed, but my heart told me to go, for I felt so frustrated, mainly at myself. For the second time in as many weeks I felt like I shouldn't be around him because I seem to have this ability to make him feel unappreciated (worse still, depreciated...) by the things I say.

Did he want me to stay? I'm not sure, but he looked saddened and hurt by comments I had made, especially as he went out of his way to make me a nice
meal. And the evening was ruined by my commments and incessant questions. Was it a simple case of miscommunication, or does it come down to the fundamental problem I have receiving what others want to give me? I felt terrible to have mislead him, but felt there was little I could say to make the situation better.

Maybe time and space apart will make soothe whatever tensions or misunderstandings there may have been... I sure hope so...

No comments: