14 February 2011

Valentine's Day

After a whole morning at the hospital, I came home to a big package.

As I opened it, little hearts of all shapes and colours fell out. As I dug deeper into the box, I found heart-shaped chocolates, biscuits, a Valentine's teddy bear, soap and a scented candle. I was immediately touched.

Most touching of all, I found pictures of my (Canadian) cat, and numerous cards for me written by friends back in Montreal. I have not opened or read the cards yet, as they are birthday cards, and that's not until next week.

The box means so much to me, especially because of the difficult times I'm going through. I'm just imagining the amount of time and preparation, and people involved in sending such a special gift all the way across the world.

Most of all, I'm imagining the thought, care, and my boyfriend put into preparing the package, in keeping it a secret.... all in the hope of giving me a beautiful surprise, and to let me  know how much I mean to him.


Thank you, my Valentine... I cannot express how much this means to me.

No comments: