05 July 2007

Meeting




There he was, standing there, waiting for me. He smiled shyly, and I did the same. Neither of us knew what to say, but the innocent smiles on our faces said more than was necessary. He looked into my eyes, and I looked into his. There was an unspoken connection, as if we had met before, but we looked at each other, as if trying to search on one another's faces where and when we had met before.

"Funny. It's like I know you from somewhere..." I held out my hand.

"Hm, but we never met before." He slowly raised his to meet mine.

"Maybe we have... in another life. And now we're meeting again." Our eyes met and never parted.

"Maybe." The touch of our hands sent indescribable feelings throughout my body. The touch of life, the touch of intimacy, the touch of having found something you've been looking for throughout your life, and have finally found again. I could feel his hand tremble slight in mine. Or was it my hand that was trembling?

He sighed, and closed his eyes the way you would when this feeling of utter bliss flows throughout your body. "I'm glad to finally meet you."

"And I..."

The birds were singing. Sun shone through the curtains. I opened my eyes.

It was a dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you have neat dreams! Mine would be kinda like this:

I looked into his eyes ..

I heard someone behind me, I turn around to see my best friend there. What's she doing here ruining my dream?

I turn around again and face my cat and have a conversation with her. The cat suddenly runs away! I chase after her! She's actually my grandmother! We run through a huge, dark, old house. I crawl into a tunnel (it was suddenly there) but I get stuck! Someone grabs my feet! NO!

And -then- I wake up.

I think my dreams still make more sense than I do, though.

Formosa said...

FINALLY! Someone posted something! Must celebrate!~

Actually your dreams have one thing in common: cat, friend, grandma--all people you care about, and I guess love. But it's sooo cool to have a conversation with your cat... I wander what you said...

"miauw... miaauw, miiiiiiaauw!"

"miauwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... miauuuw!"