01 July 2007

Concert by the Sea

The sun set. It drizzled. I felt the raindrops on my cheeks, and the powerful voices of the four singers of Il Divo touch the depth of my heart. I shivered.


Oh, my love my darling
I've hungered for your touch
a long lonely time
and time goes by so slowly
and time can do so much
are you still mine?

I need your love

I need your love
(Unchained Melody)

I sat on the sand, and ran my hands through the soft grains. The clouds stretched like a soft blanket over the dusk sky, golden and pink at the brims, fluffy and warm at the centre. Old songs, love songs, songs you could hum the melody to, because they're classics. Accompanied by a live orchestra of wind and strings, and a faint, faint rainbow arching over the stage. Uplifting. Beautiful.
I cant live
If living is without you
I cant live
I cant give anymore
I cant live
If living is without you
I cant give
I cant give anymore
(Hero)

Serene... heart-warming... The four good-looking members of the group sang so beautifully with such passion, such love in operatic harmony. No wonder within two years they managed to touch the hearts of millions of fans throughout the world, and managed to revive the soulfulness of opera among young people. Romantic, pure and innocent, even more so because the songs were crooned in Spanish, and this one in French.


J'irai chercher ton c'ur si tu l'emportes ailleurs
Même si dans tes danses d'autres dansent tes heures

J'irai chercher ton âme dans les froids dans les flammes

Je te jetterai des sorts pour que tu m'aimes encore
(Pour que tu m'aimes encore)
I looked around... there must have been hundreds of people. But inside, where the lyrics and music echoed, it felt like I was alone. And they sang this moving dedication, to all the mothers of the world. Sitting there, on the beach, with the long shadow of myself cast on the sand by the golden sunset, I thought of my own:

Mama thank you for who I am
Thank you for all the things I'm not
Forgive me for the words unsaid
And for the times
I forgot
Mama remember all my life
You showed me love,you sacrificed
Think of those young and early days
How I've changed
(Mama)

Many couples sat around me. I tried not to look at them... not to notice the way their fingers played with one another, not to see the little butterfly kisses, not to take note of the way they kept one another warm in the cold, cold evening breeze with each other's arms around their bodies... Two guys walked by. I tried not to look. They walked into the sunset, stood close to one another. And kissed.

All by myself
Don`t wanna be
All by myself
Anymore

Hard to be sure
Sometimes I feel so insecure
And loves so distant and obscure
Remains the cure
(All by my self)

But no, no despair, no sadness. Because, because...

There’s a place for us, somewhere a place for us,
time together with time to share,
time to look time to share,
somehow somewhere,
we’ll find a new way of living,
we’ll find a way of forgiving somewhere
Hold my hand and I’ll take you there
somehow, someday, somewhere
(Somewhere)

No comments: