24 May 2007

Baby toys


Went to the baby store today, since I'll be visiting a classmate who recently gave birth, and also next week I'm going to see my godson who's going to celebrate his first birthday.

I stood there in the huge store selling all sorts of things for the baby... from clothes to prams, from car chairs to burn-prevention unit you put on the stove. And of course there are toys... soft toys, stuffed toys, wooden toys, colourful toys, toys that make lots of noise, and toys that put the baby to sleep in a soft soft lullaby. Must have stood there for a long time, wondering what I could buy for the two babies... I wanted to buy everything, to make the babies as happy as possible. They say the first few months and years of your life really shapes you, and especially the things that you come into contact and play with. I felt like whatever I buy will have an impact on the child, so it must be a careful and meaningful choice. It seemed like price wasn't important any more, as long as I could get something that will be in the child's life and memories...

Around me were couples also shopping for toys. Some of the ladies had huge bellies, others had young toddlers wobbling around them.

I stood there, looking at all these wonderful and colourful play things. How lucky babies are to be showered with love.

No comments: