07 April 2007

Easter


Been really busy the past week. The moot court competition I've been helping to organise is starting next week, so there are many loose ends and odd jobs to finish. Seems like nothing's ever done, and there's always more to do! The other day I was at the office from 9 to 7, got home, and worked more until 9! It's tiring, and some of the things are tedious to do, others just downright irritating (especially when you contact people and ask them questions, but they don't answer your mails!!!) , but in the end it's worth it, and I have a lot of fun at work with my colleagues.

So come Tuesday, we'll be receiving the first group of guests... in total twenty-five groups from all over Europe, so it's a lot of people! After that, it's three full days of work, work, work. In a way I'm looking forward to it, since me and others have been working on this since September. That feeling when everything comes together is great... then again, you hope that people will enjoy themselves and have fond memories of their time here, so there's 'pressure' to make things go as smoothly and problem-free as possible... everything, from the catering to the party, from the set up of the moot court sessions to the arrangement conference room tables, from the travel to the accomodation... little details, but things that hopefully will click together and work as planned.

Thankfully there's a long Easter weekend before all this, so time to relax and take it a little eas(y)ier before the busi-ness sets in. Been cleaning up the whole day today... my balcony has grown green and mossy over the winter, and leaves were collecting. Gave it a big swipe and sweep, and it's clear and fresh and ready to be sat on when the sun is out and bright! Planted a few pots of daffodils and hyacinths and hung them over the edge of the balcony... a refreshing feeling of Spring in the air, especially so with the sight of budding flowers.

I've invited a bunch of my classmates over for tomorrow. It's Easter Sunday, and I thought since none of them have family here, it'll be nice for them to have a 'homely' brunch. So went to buy a lot of food, and some of them will be bringing choclates and eggs. Should be quite a feast! For the occassion I promised to 'fast' a number of days... It was hard, and at times difficult to resist, but finally tomorrow I can have chocolates again!

No comments: