01 April 2007

Beach at sunset

There’s something strangely romantic about an (almost) empty beach. More so when the sun is setting, and the sky is dyed in streams of orange, red, violet and dark, dark blue that collapse and merge into one another in a natural blend.

It’s been a while since I last went to the beach, and because the sky is getting darker later and later since the change to summertime, I cycled to the beach after dinner. It was nice and quiet, as the hordes of tourists have disappeared as dusk slowly approached. So it was just me, and the waves… a few other faceless couples in the distance, and curious dogs that came, sniffed and went away again.




So quickly Autumn and Winter went, and Spring is creeping in, while Summer is just lurking behind. But standing there watching the sky get darker and darker, all that didn’t seem to matter for a moment. The waves came and tried to ‘tag’ my feet, but I was most of the time quick to get away. Playing with the sea seemed such a precious gift, especially when at the back of my mind deadlines and things to be done are whispering.


No comments: