15 February 2007

Calmer...


2am. A few hours ago I was so frustrated and angry that I felt dizzy and unwell, but now it's as if that episode of anger and frustration never happened. Again, it's from experiences like this that you learn to try and not to get angry, because frankly you're only hurting yourself, and others, by spreading bad karma.

The rooms are more or less tidy (or at least tidier) now. The flowers have been arranged, bed linen changed, extra blankets set aside in case they get cold, and brand new towels and woollen socks (to keep their feet warm at night), have been laid out for them. The fridge and cupboards are full of food for us to feast on. And I've managed to get some of the work finished too.

A few hours more, and I'll be at the airport to wait for my parents to walk through that arrivals gate. It's exciting, joyful to be together as a family again, but at the same time , at the back of my mind, I fear the not-so-exciting, not-so-joyful things that may just erupt when we are around one another too long.

Whatever will be, will be.

No comments: