28 August 2006

Message from past self


I received a couple of emails today, from my 'past self' to myself.
You see, about half a year ago I made some plans (some more like promises) with myself.

  • meet someone I love

    Uh…not such luck yet, but then again the last couple of months I’ve been either (hiding) at home or moving from place to place. Did meet this potential guy in France, but then not heard from him in two months. Besides, he’s far away and much older.

  • meditate every moment of the day

    It's hard to be mindful and live in the present moment. It's difficult to concentrate on what you're doing and saying without having background thoughts, worries and anxieties. But I do try to remind myself that I should be more mindful, be aware of my thoughts and things around me, in the here and now. That way I can have inner peace and live happier.
  • complete my degree

    Instead of complete, I’m just about to start! I do hope by this time next year I’ll have succeed in my exams and written up a 25,000 word thesis!

  • decide what I want to do next

    Still not sure what it is I want in life, but for the next couple of months I should be more or less set and busy with my degree. Who knows what that will take me one year from now.

  • not get involved in my parents' problems anymore

    I don’t really think about my parents any more, not that much anyways. The weekly phone calls are more or less just the only times I’m involved in their lives, and that’s when I hear complaints and things going on at home.

You can see more of my plans on the right---->

No comments: