01 May 2006

Yeah~ New blog

Welcome to Lonely Island, my blog about
"Being a wanderer, being gay, being a 'survivor'. These are the sounds from the deeper parts of my life."



It's been just over a year since I started blogging. I enjoy it a lot, and I'll keep on writing down my thoughts and personal experiences for other people to read. But I guess I've reached that stage when so many people are reading my blog that I can't easily write about just anything I want to.

So, the solution?
An alternative blog, this very one you are now reading!
I've been wanting to do this a while now, but just wondering where the best place would be to host it. I'll just stick with the ease and user-friendliness of Blogger !

There are some parts of my life that I just don't feel comfortable at the moment revealing to everyone..., you know, the things you'd rather not have your not-so-close-friends, parents, relatives know about. For me, those are the parts about
-me being gay,
-which also relates to my current non-existent and desperate love life,
-the part about experiences I had as a child,
-about the ways (eg1, eg2, eg3, eg4) it has affected my life deeply,
-and other parts that I feel may hurt other people's feelings if I write about them on my main blog.

I'm creating this new alternative blog with mixed feelings. Ever since I started blogging, I guess I've always followed the motto "My life is an open book". I mean I'm not exactly ashamed to express my feelings and thoughts, but then sometimes those same feelings and thoughts are best kept seperate and safe from others.

I don't know if you could call it self-censorship by creating another blog altogether. Perhaps not, since I'm still going to write about them. I wish I could just write about anything and everything in one place and not have to manage so many blogs at the same time. I do hope that someday I will have the courage and ability to combine what I write here with my main blog, so that people, whoever they are and however well they know me, will know the real me.

Happy reading~

No comments: