28 April 2014

"Can't take that away from me..."



Compassion.
Understanding.
Love.
Kindness.

It goes so far, it can heal and do so much.
There are moments I close my eyes and imagine myself being surrounded by all that.
By the goodness of human beings, by the compassion and understanding and good-will of my fellow people. 

But why do they seem to be so lacking in the world?
Why does the world need to be so hard, so harsh?

I refuse to give in to hatred, yet I torture myself with self-doubt and biting my fingers, allow myself to be downed by the careless words of people out to belittle you.
I refuse to give into hatred for the one simple fact I know it begets hatred, and the cycle will not end.

If I use hate and anger to deal with all that I have faced in my life till this day, my dear god, I would have probably killed someone by now. If I used hate and pain and hurt to retaliate the people who have hurt me, my dear god, I would probably be a bitter, bitter and broken person.

But who says I am not one already?
Who says I am sane and happier because I am (overly?) sensitive to events, people and goings-on around me?

No comments: