12 March 2014

In San Jose

200214.1150 SJC time 

The flight was relatively smooth, and went by quickly with doses of Japanese movies. It was a relatively uneventful flight, but I am again in awe of the 787 Dreamliner and it's beautiful raked wings and of how quiet it is.

Landed over three hours ago, and spend almost an hour waiting to go through immigration (the Chinese were questioned for prolonged periods of time, whereas the Japanese and this Taiwanese lady just in front of me were greeted with much more courtesy...), and another hour waiting for a nonexistent hotel shuttle. So tired by the time I got to my motel (no h-), and ravishing as breakfast was light and several hours ago.

Here I am at McDonald's, the only thing in sight and within walking distance, especially as I am too tired to head to downtown San Jose. At least at this moment.

Time to rest a bit after my meal.... I just hope I don't sleep all the way through, like last time I was in Los Angeles for an overnight transit,  and miss the opportunity  to explore San Jose.

No comments: