28 August 2013

"Is she better now?"

A friend of my aunt's came by, and I opened the door. She was so kind to drop by and bring lots of food, knowing that my aunt is returning today with my cousins. 

We chit chatted a bit, she asked how I've been here these few weeks. She said she's heard so much about me, how "good" I am...

"How's your mother? Is she doing better..."

I smiled, and politely replied she is no longer around. Behind that smile, I wanted to cry... 

I know she meant well, and she didnt know. however devastating mum's death is to my world, it's not the end of the world. It's not even newsworthy. 

I closed my eyes a few moments after she left and let the tears flow. Another moment, another moment of me crying quietly on my own. 

With each tear I shed, I grow stronger. 

Don't I?

No comments: