14 June 2013

Southbound


On the move again. Heading down south to Chiayi, mum and dad's hometown. For a few days only, not more. I need to be back here in two days, or less. Staying in Taipei, i need to pay for accommodation. And the streets of the city is littered with memories that can easily make me tear and sad...

Been a quiet two days since returning to Taiwan. My cousin met me at the airport, a welcome surprise. I hugged her so tightly when I saw her. She's accompanying me whenever she wasn't working. The next morning she took me plane spotting. we saw the very plane I took a year ago to return here to be with mum till the end. It was extremely touching... Also we saw a new ANA 787 land and take off from Sungsan Airport. That made me smile. 

I met up with a classmate too, someone who lost both her parents and could really understand. Last night I bonded with a cousin I never really  got to know, which was really pleasant . The only other gay relative in the family, as far as I know...

Now heading south for a very short stay, because Sunday I need to be back in the north to prepare for mum's ceremony. I'm not sure what to do yet, and feel unprepared. The letter I've been meaning to write has not yet been written. I'm just tired, so tired. And there are things and people I need to coordinate to get to mum's resting place. Very stressful. My stomach is acting up again...

No comments: