09 October 2012

Reaffirmation

Nobody can let your feel worthless except for yourself.
 Nobody can know the true extent of your thoughts and feelings, except for yourself.
 If you are misunderstood, smile and walk away.
If you are criticised, smile and let the words wash over you like rain.
 If you are praised, smile and thank the person for the compliment.

Surround myself with people who can help you, who can make you feel stronger, who can see through the pain and know that with time and patience, I will grow out of withdrawing and grow into the strong person I have been.

Surround myself with people who care and love you, and who will not easily put you down.
Now, more than ever before, I need love. Love, love, love...

And now more than at anytime in my life, I need to be strong, be brave and tell myself again and again, I will be ok.
Now, more than at anytime, I need to prove to my loved ones that I can make it on my own, and that I can get up and stand up strong and tall.

Now, more than at anytime, I need to remind myself of the beauty and goodness inside, I need to forgive myself and not be so harsh to myself. I need to love myself, to care for myself. I need to look at myself and be able to smile, smile, smile again.


No comments: