20 July 2012

Mum's words

Mum wrote down these words on 12 February 2011. She showed it to be earlier this year, and told me to show it to my brother when she is gone.

I showed it to him today when I came across the booklet it was written in. His eyes became moist.

"Humans must learn to let go.
Let go the unwillingness to let go in the heart.
Let go and be able to cut away and get rid of the love between parents and children.

Because your child does not belong to you. (s)he is a symbol of humankind's continuation of life. However much intimacy, love and respect there may be between family members, everything will ultimate be covered with dust.

Let us then, with tears in our eyes, silently pray and hope:

Child, take my full, full blessing and bravely go be yourself.
There is no need to turn back your head."

No comments: