28 August 2010

It's a possiblity

It's a possibility. To meet someone you connect with online, and to have something deep and long-term. It's very possible.

I met a couple from Spain today who were visiting the city and wanted to meet up with a 'local'. I took them around campus and also took a hike up the mountain to show them the amazing city-scape of Montreal from a height. They were really pleasant, a couple for more than six years, and still happily together, travelling and experiencing the world whenever they can. One is more timid, one is more extroverted, but both very friendly and smart, and we had a good hour or two talking and walking around.

I was curious how they met, and they said online. One of the guys, like me, is too shy to just go up to someone in a bar or club and start chatting someone up. And they met online, connected, and things have been going strong ever since they met. They live together, travel together, share many interests and hobbies together... I'm sure there are differences, disagreements at times, but it's possible.

In a way, despite attempts at meeting new people online, I feel somewhat reassured that there is someone out there.

All I have to do is meet him.

No comments: