20 April 2010

Upside down

I'm not sure why I can't sleep at night.
I go to bed, and try to close my eyes and wait for sleep to come.
But sleep wanders and visits only a few hours later.
By that time it's already almost morning.

So my days have been pretty much upside down these days.
Day is night, and night is day.
I don't like it, because I feel unhealthy when I go to bed too late.
And when I sleep late, I sleep in too,
Usually until after noon.
And so the vicious cycle continues.

Maybe it's a pattern,
A phase I go through before I leave on a long trip.
It's happened before, and mainly I think because I'm just feeling agitated and anxious,
About the long trip ahead, about being away for so long,
About being faced daily with mum's illness.

At least here I am separated by distance and time difference
(though that does not make it better, it makes it easier to 'escape', especially after I turn off skype...).

No comments: