18 March 2010

One call

One call, and I'm on the move again. Not immediately, but very soon and very unexpected.

Brother called and said that things have taken a turn for the worst for my friend in the Netherlands. He said that it is best that I return as soon as possible. News is scarce, and the son of the friend has not given much details; only that my friend would like to see my brother (and me).

I put down the phone, burried my face in my hands and could not stop shaking.

Scenes, emotions, and the shock remniscent of that one moment some two years ago just before dad passed away.

Hurriedly I searched online for the quickest and cheapest connection. My original departure date was supposed to be next Tuesday, and to change my flight will cost me a ridiculous amount of money. Luckily, again, a friend came to the rescue and offered me miles to fly. I was reluctant at first, reluctant to accept help again and again. But it really was the cheapest option...

So this time tomorrow, I'll be on my way again.

No comments: