30 January 2010

Wanderlust

Did good work last night, and before I knew it, it was already 2.30 in the morning. It's been a long while since I felt that my thesis is actually going some, actually has a purpose, and if only I could gather that momentum, I could finish it. Soon.

Since I got back to Montreal early December, I've been telling myself that I have two months to make the most of my time here, and that I really need to settle down and do some work. But, shame, the heart and mind wanders, and I could not be still. Every day there seems to be some kind of distraction... or better termed, some kind of excuse for me to 'postpone' things till tomorrow. And after that there is another tomorrow. I promised myself so many times that I would not procrastinate, would not waste life away, especially in the light of the deaths and illness that I've seen and experienced in people around me. Yet lethargy and laziness come in addictive dosages, and sleep more often than not takes over when my mind is weak or down.

So I am happy for moments such as last night, which give me a boost of confidence, and show me just how much I could achieve if I really sit down and set my heart to it.

A few more days, and I am off again. Must try to get as much work down as possible.

No comments: