27 August 2008

Hours before the presentation

In a few hours, it will all be almost over. A presentation still needs to be done, but at least the vast majority of deadlines, assignments, assessments and lectures are all over. A sigh of relief, but not just yet.

It is interesting in a group of people how quickly you see people's true nature. Though we are supposed to be in a group project, it appears to be always the same people who show up at meetings, the same people who go to bed late, and always the same people who do the writing, the administrative work, and who try to get everyone else organised! And I happen to be one of these people.

Not that I am complaining, but sometimes you ask yourself and wonder: where are all the rest? Why are they not involved? Why do they get the same assessment as me, when they have done almost nothing at all?

I do enjoy what I have been doing for the past few weeks. We are involved in such a historic prjoect that could potentially change the way the world thinks about space activities. I mean this is why I chose this project, and why I volunteer myself to do whatever I can to make it however better it can be. Because I believe in space, and its ability to bring people together. When we humankind discover what possibilities are out there that overshadow the pettiness of nationalism, greed, indifference and intolerance, then we will realise that we need unity, peace and understanding of one another. In space, we realise how lonely we are, and realise the ugliness of our small feuds and discontents.

Tomorrow, the project will be presented and delivered, and it will be over for us. But a new age has just begun. If not, then at least for me.

No comments: