12 July 2007

"You dating now ladies now?"


Was working at my little office today, and I took a little nap on the floor at around 6ish... At first I thought the alarm I had set went off, but it was the ringtone to my phone when someone calls. I sleepily answered, and it was a cheerful voice, one I hadn't heard for a number of years.

Turns out a friend from high school is in town, and called to ask when to meet. Last week there was a little reunion with some other people, but I couldn't go, and I simply left a message on his Facebook profile saying that I was going out with some girls.

Not sure if it was a joke, but on the phone today one of the first things he said was:
"So you started to go out with girls now?"

It was the funniest sentence I heard in a while. I laughed out loud, inside thinking I've never gone out with a girl before, and even if I have, it's not that kind of 'going out'. "No, no... just girlfriends. I have some girlfriends!"

"Lucky", he said, a little jealous .

Yes, how lucky I am... to have so many girlfriends and have such a great time together with them, to talk and share, to take walks on the beach, to chat on the phone with. If only they were a boy...

No comments: