16 November 2006

"I wish I could be gay"


I've never met anyone who wished he was gay. Until last night, at 3am, lying next to him on the floor of a girl whose room we were crashing at for the night. Perhaps it was the alcohol talking...

It had been a long night, of studying, football watching at a pub, drinking, pizza-eating at close to 11, pool-playing and more drinking. When we got to our home for the night we were pretty much tipsy, but somehow strangely energetic, and probably not at all worried we had class in the morning.

So the three of us lay down, music in the background, and chatted and chatted, about mundane randomness, lawyery nerdiness and exchanged laughs and chuckles under the clear night sky. One thing led to another, and I somehow brought up the discussion we had about sodomy in class the week earlier. And of course the issue of homosexuality eventually got roped in. The girl mentioned how her country is now measuring the economy in terms of 'pink money' as well. "Pink money", we, the two unsuspecting guys on the floors asked. Yeah, apparently gays spend and contribute significant amounts of money to the economy, because (cliche, cliche) they're more modern, fashion and health conscious, know how to live well and in style...etc etc, so they're really a big group of consumers nowadays.

Then came the comment.
"I wish I could be gay."
"What?" I had my eyes closed, and immediately they opened. Of course I heard him the first time.
"Yeah, I wish I could be gay. It's so cool being gay."
"Well, some say being gay is the trend nowadays," I said suggestively, chuckling.
"Yeah, I know, but I'm just not."
"Hm, how do you know? Have you tried before?"I proded more.
"No, but I'm just not. I just can't get myeslf to be gay."
"Well, maybe it's just a phase, and it'll pass soon," I joked.
The conversation sort of went on from there. I asked whether he had any gay experiences, which he didn't. And I asked why, he just said he liked girls, and just couldn't do it. Tit for tat, back and forth, and at one point I said something along the lines of "Hm, how did you guess I was (gay)?"

All in the spirit of good fun and frolicking. Somehow we ended up making 'bedroom noises', groaning and moaning and pretending to be 'feeling up one another'. The girl lay in her bed and regreted aloud how she ended up with us on the floor.

I went to sleep, albeit for a mere four hours last night, smiling...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was he cute? If he is cute, use your converter David.

Hugs,
Michael.