24 August 2006

Ouch!


I fell off the bike today. Ouch!

I can't remember the last time I fell off the bike, but it must have been years and years ago. Usually I'm fast and steady on my bike, and I can even cycle without using my hands (it can get very windy and cold). But today I fell off, slid a few meters and hurt myself.

I guess I should've been more careful, and should've known better not to go down the road they're rebuilding. There was lots of sand at a corner, the ground was wet from the continuous rain from the past few days, and just as I made the turn, the wheels slid, and so did I. I came crashing down, tried to steady myself with my hands, but then realised later that was a bad idea. Got bruises and scratches on the inside of my palms now. And I fell with my weight on the right leg, right on the knee and I think also on the ankle. So now they're a bit sore, perhaps they were twisted a bit during impact, but the pain is going away, and I don't think it was that serious.

Though, the impact and slide must have been quite foreceful, since I've got a hole in my new jeans, right where my knee is.

I did what you'd do when you fall.

I got up again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your tumble. Of course you got right back up! That's the kind of guy you are. Hope the fall doesn't interfer with your writing.